A commercial printing company is a business establishment that prints documents on behalf of its customers. For example, this kind of company may print books, stationery, marketing materials, business cards, and the like for you.
Commercial printing companies have tools and equipment that are designed for the mass printing of documents. They also have employees who can help you with your projects. Their involvement in your project may differ based on your needs. Some companies limit themselves to the actual printing of files. Others offer extra services such as consultation and graphic design.
Printing companies differ in terms of the following:
• Price: Understandably, some printing companies have lower fees than others. This is an important factor if you are on a tight budget. You should be careful, however, since cheap services often lead to low-quality output.
• Speed: Turnaround time may also differ, depending on the number of customers a printing company has.
• Services: Some companies help clients in designing projects. Meanwhile, others are limited to the “fulfillment” of the project (i.e. printing the artwork or file).
• Quality: The quality of the output depends on two factors: (1) the skill of the employees, and (2) the equipment of the printing company.
• Digital Capabilities: The printing industry is continuously evolving. Unfortunately, not all printing companies follow the trend. For example, some companies don’t have the latest version of Adobe Illustrator (i.e. the industry standard for creating vector images).
How to Choose a Commercial Printing Company
When selecting a commercial printing company, you should consider the following:
• Reputation: It’s always a good idea to do some research about the people you’ll work with. With the help of the Internet, you can easily get some reviews pertaining to the company you are interested in. You may also talk to people who have used the company’s services before.
• Communication: The printing process involves crucial elements, especially if related to marketing. That is the reason why you should have an open line of communication with your printing company. If you can’t talk to the company whenever you need to, problems will likely arise.
• Customer Service: A company’s customer service greatly affects your overall satisfaction with the deal. Your goal is to find a printing company with an acceptable — if not admirable — customer service team.
• Equipment and Technology: New printing-related software and machines are being developed every day. Each new product in the market offers unique advantages. Obviously, you want your chosen company to have the latest equipment and technology. The last thing you want is to work with a company whose tools and software are outdated.
• Data Security: It’s likely that you’ll use the printed output for business purposes. And you don’t want outsiders (especially your competitors) to access the information you want to get printed. It would be best if you deal with a printing company that has a first-rate information security system in place.
The commercial printing industry keeps on growing. This industry is profitable, so it’s not surprising that more and more companies are cropping up. Choosing a printing company can be difficult and time-consuming, so it’s best to use the factors mentioned above as your references in selecting the best company for your business.